Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Or the desk chair. Yes, summer is over and school has started. (Yippee!) I'm shaking small people awake every weekday morning now, packing lunchboxes full of nutritious goodies like applesauce cups and peanut-butter sandwiches, and ferrying my children to school on my way to work. And my husband has gone back to his school-year job, teaching agriculture at the university down the road; he'll be farming on weekends until next summer.

The house is empty in the afternoons after I come home from my part-time job, and there is time to write! Now I've only to go collect up the notes I made regarding perfume testing over the summer, which ought to be no help really, because my usual meticulous notes degenerated into 10-word descriptions. Oh, heck, I'll just start over with the reviewing!

I hope to be back on a three-to-four posts a week basis as of now. Well, it's Thursday, and we've got a family trip planned for the weekend, so if I get a review finished I'll post tomorrow and that will hit the average - for this week, anyway.

While testing a vintage perfume today, I had a revelation. Those of you who know me know that I don't like to wear my perfume so thickly that I can be smelled from ten feet away. I'm a delicate applier, and only people close enough to hug me are the ones to smell my perfume. In the past I have ranted about those who love loud perfumes and apply them heavily, forcing others to share their chosen scent to a degree that verges on invasion. But today - ah, today... I began to understand those people. At least to a degree...

Back tomorrow with a review of Balenciaga's lovely, discontinued early-80's Michelle.

No comments: