Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009


Happy Thanksgiving! 

My NaNoWriMo word count stands at 45,027.

The turkey breast is in the oven.  The ham and the sweet potato casserole await their turn. Cranberry gelatin salad, green beans, and pies are done.  Guests are bringing rolls, dressing, fruit, and broccoli casserole.  Gravy is a last-minute project.  Floor has been mopped, bathroom has been cleaned.  (Kitchen is still a mess, but there's time to clean it.)  The house smells good.

My family is all healthy and together.  We have a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs, shoes on our feet.  We're warm and comfortable and well-fed and we love each other. 

I often forget that many people don't have those things. 

I will be making time in the next month to do something that makes life a little better for someone.  This month was for me, but it's time to turn my focus outward and let God love someone through me.  That is, to me, what "giving thanks" should mean - that we not be complacent about what we have or envious of what we don't have, but that we set our faces toward making things better for everyone.

May your Thanksgiving be so blessed.

Image is Happy Thanksgiving by *Gracie at flickr.

No comments: