I hate it with a passion.
Shaving cream actually smells good. It’s a good clean soapy smell, on its own, and I do really enjoy snuggling up to a freshly shaven man (thank you, CEO), but I don’t want to smell like that. Really. Seriously, Perfume-Creating Folks, JUST STOP DOING THAT. Please. I’m begging here. It ruined another drydown again today, and I'm just getting really sick of that.
A short list of scents I’ve tested – either unisex ones or those intended to be marketed as feminines – follows, delineating scents I’ve found to contain whatever-the-&*##-it-is that smells like shaving cream.
- Pilar & Lucy Tiptoeing through Chambers of the Moon (tuberose, amber, shaving cream)
- Ava Luxe Midnight Violet (violet, earthy woods, shaving cream)
- Caron 3rd Homme (jasmine, woods, shaving cream) Okay, okay, this one’s ostensibly a masculine… but worn by many women.
- Les Nereides Imperial Opoponax (soap and shaving cream)
- Parfums de Nicolai Eau Turquoise (citrus, cedar, shaving cream)
- PdN Cedrat Intense (lemon zest, shaving cream)
- L’Artisan Iris Pallida (anise, florals, vetiver, shaving cream)
- L’Artisan Passage d’Enfer (pine, lily, and shaving cream)
- Slava Zaitsev Maroussia (spice, rose, and shaving cream)
Fine, I give up, I'm scrubbing this off, and then I'm going to put on way too much vintage Magie Noire (two drops should suffice) and go for a windy walk. A girl has to do what a girl has to do.
Image is "Angry Woman" at Acclaim Images (no, it's not actually me).